Home Virtual Garage Sale Etsy Store Blogs I Browse Knitting Challenges & Sketches

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Birthday Wishes

Hope you all had a fabulous day!  We have had a good couple of days here. This is our last week of summer vacation.  Hard to believe school starts next Tuesday.  The summer definitely went by fast.  It was really fun not having to work and spending the summer with the girls.  We did lots of things. Each week we did 
something different...bowling, swimming, movies, twice we even took a week and headed up to Pennsylvania to see family.  Yesterday I took the kids to the movie Diary of a Wimpy Kid.  We all enjoyed it.  It was a fun day out and bonus...movie theater pop corn.  Pretty sad that it was only 2 of 14 movies at the theater we could see.  Two movies.  Why?  Because 12 out of the 14 movies were rate R.  We don't go to the movies a lot so I guess I just didn't realize how many are out there that are not age appropriate for young kids. 


Okay now on to me time.  I decided that after a fun filled week of movies, playing pop out connect four, watching disney channel and all that fun stuff it was me time to sit down at my craft table and make some cards.  I realize the other day that I am out of birthday cards that I keep on hand.  I try to keep a few around for last minute and when I went to get one, yep you guessed it they were gone.  So today's card is a birthday card.  My card today is using this weeks sketch over at Freshly Made Sketches.  I found their sketch blog a few weeks ago and really like the sketches I have seen so I try to play along every so often.  I have played along a few times and well, realized that their new sketch came out today so I might as well play along.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great week! 

post signature

13 comments:

Alison said...

Love it!

Unknown said...

Very cute! Love the ribbons. Thank you so much for following my blog! I am a new follower of yours!

Allisa said...

Love your color scheme. Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Dawn Cox said...

Kristen, (and I do hope I got that spelled right) I want to thank you for your comment about my daughter and the FCAT. If you would like we can discuss things further via e mail and my e mail address is rdmmcox67@gmail.com I also wanted to say thank you for being a follower of my blog. That means so much to me. I am now a follower of yours and hope that I can check in occasionally.

Jen Brum said...

Great card Kristin! Love your take on the sketch! I love that added ribbon and those brads! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Linda Suarez said...

Hi Kristin! Perfect birthday card! Love the color combo! Thanks for playing with us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Me, My Stamps and I said...

this is so beautiufl!!!! perfect layout!!!!
i just have to cased it for My consider it cased week!!!!!
tfs:)

Unknown said...

Beautiful card, gorgeous colours and love the ribbon :)

newest follower xx

Unknown said...

really love your card, great colours

Tui Nathan said...

What a super card this is ... love your stamping ... great job!
Thanks for joining us at Freshly made Sketches!!!

Ann Schach said...

What a pretty birthday card! I love the colors and the rounded corners! Thanks for playing at Freshly Made Sketches!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Judy said...

Gorgeous card! I'm glad you posted a link to the sketch site. I'm a big fan of sketches! Thanks for taking the time to stop by my blog and comment on my ceramic tile coaster tutorial. I just added myself to your list of followers!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...