Home Virtual Garage Sale Etsy Store Blogs I Browse Knitting Challenges & Sketches

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Happy Birthday

Hi. Hope you are all having a great week. All is well here.   Sat down and did some scrapping.  Got my smaller sewing machine working and have been playing with that.  It is still definitely a learning process.  I broke my big sewing machine in this process.  Yep...sure did!  So before I go out and spend money on another I really just need to perfect actually being able to use one.  With that being said I will stick with my smaller one until I get the hang of it.  Will I get the hang of it?  That is the million dollar question. Just when I think I have it down...something bad happens.  I either jam the machine, or go all crooked with my "straight" lines...so I end up not having straight lines.  But all I can say is PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE.  Oh, and FYI, I don't sew on anything else.  I don't sew clothes, or make other projects.  I just don't know how.  Guess I should have paid better attention in Highschool Home Ec class. 

Now on to my card.  I made this card base on this weeks sketch from Karen over at The Sweetest Thing.  I love her sketches and am always inspired by all the great examples from the design team.   If you haven't checked out her sketches you really should.  I think she posts a new one every 2 weeks on Sunday.  She is super duper talented and I get a lot of inspiration from her.  Anyway...if you want to play along with this sketch head over to her blog and play along.  
 My card base is Crumb Cake cardstock.  Yes...this is my go too color.  I love Crumb Cake.  I buy this A LOT! All the pattern paper is from Twitterpated DSP.  LOVE...LOVE...LOVE this paper pack as well.  So fun.  As you can see I did stitching around the edge.  YES, I started out trying to make it straight then after about 2 seconds realized it was not going to be.  Oh, well.  Like I said still working with it and playing and trying to perfect my machine stitching.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

post signature

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty card!! I love the stitching! The colors are beautiful together, and the design is lovely!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...