Home Virtual Garage Sale Etsy Store Blogs I Browse Knitting Challenges & Sketches

Friday, October 5, 2012

For You

Hi!  Thanks for stopping by.  I am so excited that I have gotten back to my craft table.  My new Vagabond is working great.  LOVE it!  With the help of my new Vagabond and my pain pills, my arm didn't hurt after crafting tonight.  YEAH me.

My card today started with this weeks sketch from Retro Sketches.  I just came across this sketch challenge blog a few weeks ago.  Love their sketches.  And as we all know I love sketches.  I pulled out my one of my favorite paper packs Floral District DSP.  I just love this paper pack.  I also used Crumb Cake and Rich Razzleberry Cardstock and Ink.  The sentiment is from the stamp set A Word For You.   I may have to do another card with this sketch but thought I would share the first!

I hopefully will be back in a few days with some more cards and layouts. I haven't done a lot of scrapbooking lately and I want to get back to it.  As I have been browsing blogs for inspiration I see lots of Halloween crafts.  They are all great, but you other than maybe a layout or two, you will not see them here.  I am just not a big fan of Halloween.  I know a lot of people love it...and that is great.  But I am just not one of them so you won't see Halloween cards or anything here.  I will probably do some more fall cards  and of course Lots more Christmas cards.  With my birthday being on Christmas Day it is a double reason to love Christmas.  I would celebrate it for 6 months if I could...heeheehee.

Now on to a bit of non crafty stuff.  I think my hubby is finally to the point he won't have to work so much over time. YEAH!  Don't get me wrong I so thankful that he has a job and it is secure.  but he has been working so much overtime that it was just wearing him out.  I am glad that he is now back to normal hours.  Still working a few extra hours but not like he was.   He is getting excited to go hunting.  Yep...archery starts tomorrow here.  He loves to hunt and I think he just likes being out in the woods, in nature.  He is also planning a hunting trip to Michigan which he really needs.  And I am really excited that during that time my sister and mom might try to come down to visit us.  Fingers crossed Amber can get away for a few days and get here.  The girls are excited so hopefully she and mom will get down and we will be able to have a girls week while hubby is enjoying his week in Michigan hunting!

**side note:   Thank you to my sweet hubby this morning.  In had to take the dog out, at that time I decided to take the trash out.  For some reason I had my phone in my hand, which normally when I take the dog for a walk I never take my phone.  So what did I do...as I go outside and shut the door...I realize I locked myself out. YEPPERS. Locked out!  Don't get me wrong I have done this before...thankfully though this is the first time in a since we have lived her in Virginia the last year.  Needless to say I called hubby and he came home and unlocked the door for me.  He wasn't annoyed or upset or anything.  Just came home and let me in.  So thank you, honey!  I love you!

post signature

1 comment:

Arielle H Gordon said...

Beautiful card Kristin! Love the colors! Thank you so much for playing with us at RetroSketches!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...