Home Virtual Garage Sale Etsy Store Blogs I Browse Knitting Challenges & Sketches

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Work in Progress

Another one of my hobbies is knitting.  I haven't done much in the way of knitting any kind of clothing or anything until now.  Last Friday I decided to start the Elysium.  It is a sideways knit cardigan stitched all in garter stitch.  So...it is suppose to be somewhat easy!  Somewhat I say!  I did have to learn how to wrap and turn to do short rows.


 (the beginning June 14)
(where I was at on June 16). 
 This is where I am at now. I have the entire left front done, the left sleeve and I started on the back rows.  Then...I look at my work and what do I find....
Yep...a dropped stitch!  URG!  So frustrating.  So I haven't worked on it since Thursday.  why because I have no idea how to fix it.  I am about ready just to tear it all out and start again.  But I really don't want to do that.  I am hoping someone at my knitting group can help me.  Every Wednesday I join some ladies at a local coffee shop for a bit of knitting. Like I said HOPEFULLY they can help.  I watched videos on YouTube but they just didn't help me.  And I since I have only ever made scarves and dish clothes I really have not had enough practice to undo my work and go back and fix my mistake.  So fingers crossed come Wednesday night it I will find out if it is fixable and hopefully will be working on it again.  I just really don't want to work on it anymore until I know.  No point in knitting and knitting just to tear it out.  But hopefully soon I will be wearing my first cardigan.  Yeah! 

post signature

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...