Home Virtual Garage Sale Etsy Store Blogs I Browse Knitting Challenges & Sketches

Thursday, July 4, 2013

It's Finished!

First, Happy Independence Day to all my blogger friends. Hope you are all having a great day.  We are enjoying our relaxing day.  Hanging out with the kids and later a cookout and sparklers.


Now on to some exciting news. Well, exciting news for me!   Last night I finished my first major knitting project. It is my first article of clothing!  YEAH!  And here it is....



 It turned out to the exact size I wanted it.  However now that it is made I guess it is a bit big.  But not because the gauge was wrong. Like I said I had planned for it to be a bit bigger than some of the others I have seen!  I wanted it to completely close over my front.  I have to get a different "shawl pin".  The knitting needle holding it closed won't work for a permanent closure.  So I am going to find some fun shawl pins to use.   But I had to at least post my finished product.

I had a few bumps in the road while making it.  Somewhere after the first sleeve and on to the back I somehow dropped a stitch, but thanks to my smart hubby and the help of my knitting buddies at our weekly needing meeting I was able to fix it and keep going instead of tearing it out!

Now it is finished and I am excited to find another project to start!
post signature

2 comments:

Teresa Kline said...

hey Kristin, congrats...this is awesome! I really like it, you did a fabulous job....Happy Independence Day to you and your family too!

enjoy *~*

wendipooh13 said...

way to go!!! What a great sweater!!! that is CUTE!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...