Home Virtual Garage Sale Etsy Store Blogs I Browse Knitting Challenges & Sketches

Saturday, August 31, 2013

First Game

Today was Madison's first soccer game.  She decided this year she wanted to play...and now that I am not working outside the house and have a little more flexibility in my schedule we decided to let her play.

Let's start by saying I never played soccer.  I was a basketball and volleyball player until the diagnosis of my cancer took me out of the game.  So I sit on the sideline and cheer and am learning right along with her.  She is on the same team as her two best friends.  They all did such a great job today at their first game of the season. but not only is this her first game of the season it was her first game EVER!

And not only was there a game at 9:00 a.m.   they then had a scrimmage at 12:00 pm.  I wasn't going to have her go to the scrimmage...I thought it might be too much. But she insisted she wanted to go back. They all did a great job.  But...at the end of the scrimmage they were DONE!  Madison took a huge tumble and that upset her, then the coach was going to put her in for the last few minutes of the scrimmage, but she was crying and hold her stomach.  It was 91 degrees out...so I think the heat got to her. In fact I think it was getting to all of them.

Anyway...needless to say we are now in soccer.  Practices 2 nights a week. A game  on Saturday!  It is going to be a busy few months!

Here  are some pictures of the players doing their thing!




They were lucky though that they got the game and scrimmage it.  Not long after it started storming. It was raining really hard too.  Over where my husband was it was even hailing!  This summer has been super wet here in our area! I just hope the winter doesn't bring as much snow as we have had rain. 

post signature

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...